*Please, provide your phone number in the comments.*
A Reception and Filing Assistant is mainly in charge of receiving and distributing communications throughout the organization. Additionally, the assistant will maintain supplies and equipment, deliver mail to proper team members, and welcome visitors. Occasionally, the volunteer will also be asked to make copies, digitalize important paperwork.
- Welcoming visitors and clients, making them comfortable during their wait, and announcing their arrival to the person who is meeting with them
- Receiving the organization’s mail as well as distributing it to the right department and person
- Assessing stationary supplies (files, paper clips, pens, paper, etc.) and reporting shortages
- Assessing common living area supplies and reporting shortages
- Making copies and/or scanning important paperwork
- Creating and updating records
- Sorting, storing and securing paperwork in designated places
- Keeping the waiting area and front desk tidied up and clean
- Maintaining building security by insuring that all doors stay locked at all times. Volunteers will never be alone in the building.
- Supporting other staff and volunteers as needed
- Maintaining cleanliness and care of the Center’s offices
- Supporting other areas whenever possible.
- Office experience
- Telephone skills
- Documentation skills
- Data Entry skills
- Administration skills
- Strong organization skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Knowledge of filing systems
- Ability to use photocopier, scanner, etc.
- Positive attitude with callers, clients, staff and volunteers
- Ability to work both independently and as a team
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Awareness and adherence to confidentiality and boundaries
- Punctuality and dependability
- Working knowledge of Microsoft suite including Word, Power Point and Excel
- Excellent typing skills
- Commitment to non-violent and cooperative work environment
- Commitment to providing quality and equitable services to all clients regardless of race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, religion, age or sexual orientation
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Ability to do online research
Preferred Qualifications (not required)
- Fluency in Spanish
- Degree in the field OR previous experience
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- Office Reception
- Basic Computer Skills
- Community Outreach
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 8 hrs/week is preferred, but we're open to all.
- To be considered, please leave your phone number in the comment section when you apply!
- Grant Writing Assistant
- Court Accompaniment Assistant
- Employment Assistant
- Crisis Call Intake Specialist
- Foster Pet Program Assistant
- Marketing and Social Media...
- BOARD MEMBER
- Foster Pet Caregiver
- Event Volunteer
- CEO's Personal Assistant
- Reception and Filing Assistant
- Donation Program and Inventory...
- Cleaning Service- Volunteer