Your role as vice-president is an important one. Sometimes it happens that the 4 the World president is prevented from carrying out the duties of his/her office for various reasons. A well organized and properly operating 4 the World should have a properly trained vice-president who is prepared to administer the 4 the World in the absence of the president.
The real importance of the office of vice-president is found in the role and function you have in 4 the World. The role is found in one word: Service - service to the president; service to the other club officers; and service to the general membership of the club. As vice-president, you are the right hand of the president. You can and should assist the president and other officers with their duties. To do this effectively, you must be in contact with the work and policies of the club.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the president
- Temporarily fulfill the president’s duties if the president is legitimately unable to fulfill his/her other duties due to absence or other reasons.
Club Vice President’s Checklist
- Gather material for and help edit the weekly or biweekly email newsletter. See that a weekly or biweekly club newsletter is produced.
- Keep a personal record of each club member.
- Assist the president in every way.
- Watch over the committee system and assist committee chairs.
- Attend all meetings of the various committees as a counselor.
- Check in with the president to see what he or she needs help with
- Preside over monthly club meetings in the absence of the president.
- Attend all club meetings.
- Make sure that attendance is taken at every meeting.
- Attend the monthly meetings of the committees as an ex-officio member and advisor.
- Attend the club’s executive board meetings.
- Become thoroughly acquainted with the president’s duties so you can assist the president.
- Receive all materials and possible help from the past vice-president of your club if applicable.
- Talk to prospective members of 4 the World, and help them decide whether or not to join.
- Conduct an educational program for new members.
- Work with the new vice-president and help him/her prepare to take over your job next year if applicable.
- Strategic Planning
- Public Relations
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 4-8 hours per week.
- Must be a current student at North Carolina State University.
- Webmaster 4 The World NCSU Chapter
- Education Team Members,...
- Marketing/Advertising Manager...
- Marketing Specialists
- Grant Researcher, Grant Writer,...
- Public Relations Specialist
- 4 the World NCSU Chapter Vice...
- 4 the World NCSU Chapter President
- Executive Secretary 4 The World...
- Director of Strategic Partnerships
- Board Members - Board of...