IndyHumane receives a donation from Chewy.com every Tuesday at the Animal Welfare Center. It is typically about 6-10 pallets of food and supplies which needs to be sorted and placed for shelter/staff supply.
The remaining food and supplies are then distributed to area rescues, which we invite on a rotating basis.
Volunteer Responsibilities: Please Note that this position is very physical.
- Load and unload tons of food
- Conduct a rough estimate on bags of food, litter, canned food cases and misc. supplies we receive
- Represent IndyHumane in stellar fashion to our needy partner groups
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Shifts: TU from 8:30am-12pm
- Very Physical - Must be able to lift heavy items and stand for long periods of time