At CVFF, top-notch client services are our highest priority. Our domestic violence shelter operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and it takes a dedicated team of people who care to do that.
We need your help!! We are currently seeking volunteers to help us during the evenings and weekends in our domestic violence shelter.
Please see the description below, and contact Stanley Ebede, at email@example.com or 319-269-8238 for more information, or to apply.
Provide advocacy services to those fleeing domestic violence and sexual assault at the emergency Friends' House shelter and over 24 hour crisis line.
- Exhibit a belief in non-violence and a willingness to advocate on behalf of victims and their children who are affected by domestic violence and rape / sexual assault in a non-discriminating manner.
- Provide comprehensive support and advocacy to victims of DV/SA who seek services through CVFF 24 hour crisis line and emergency shelter.
- Achieve consistent safe and secure services adhering to and enforcing written procedures.
- While on duty provide supervision of the shelter facility and provide direct victim services to persons in the shelter according to agency procedures.
- Maintain up-to-date familiarity with agency policy and procedures regarding crisis intervention in order to exercise good judgement in various situations.
- Respond to crisis calls and provide crisis intervention to victims and their children requesting emergency shelter and transportation assistance.
- Administer intake and departure forms with shelter clients.
- Assess client needs and work with clients to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Implement agency policies to maintain constant safety of sheltered victims and their children.
- Maintain an immediate awareness of all shelter activity and crisis line responsibilities as defined in the shelter operations manual with particular attention to the demands of overnight shifts.
- Complete client contact sheets on daily basis including statistical data and information pertinent to victim services provided by the employee.
- Carry out daily cleaning and maintenance of the shelter facility according to agency operating procedures.
- Maintain advocate certification requirements and complete necessary paperwork.
- Work with on-call person to coordinate services/respond to requests.
- Maintain a clean and safe shelter environment and report maintenance issues to shelter coordinator.
- Perform other work assignments as requested.
- Customer Service
- Office Management
- Crisis Counseling
- Case Work / Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training