Serves as the face and voice of the American Cancer Society and Relay For Life event within the community to lead and manage by empowering the Relay For Life Event Leadership Team.
Individuals in this role possess strong leadership and interpersonal skills, are outgoing, and are knowledgeable about the American Cancer Society and Relay For Life program (mission, history, accomplishments, format, and purpose). Primary responsibilities for individuals in this role are to mentor and guide the Event Leadership Team in fulfilling their responsibilities and achieving goals for the Relay event within their community.
SPECIFIC TASKS CAN INCLUDE:
* Work with the Relay For Life specialist to ensure that training of roles and resources takes place.
* Communicate regularly with the people lead, experience lead, fund the cure lead, as well as the Relay For Life Communkity Manager.
* Work with people lead, experience lead, and fund the cure lead to ensure partnership
agreements are completed for all positions.
* Mentor and lead income and non-income planning and goal-setting initiatives in partnership with Relay For Life specialist and Event Leadership Team.
* Meet monthly or bi-monthly with the Relay For Life specialist, experience lead, people lead, and fund the cure lead to discuss benchmark goals and progress.
* Lead and manage Event Leadership Team workshops, meetings, and other sub-leadership team meetings as needed.
* In partnership with the Relay For Life specialist, recruit a full Event Leadership Team
and ensure all Event Leadership Team leads and members understand and fulfill their
commitments to develop the Relay For Life event in their community.
* In partnership with the Relay for Life specialist, ensure coordination, preparation, and implementation of regularly scheduled Event Leadership Team meetings.
* In partnership with the Relay For Life specialist, review and discuss fundraising goals, expenses, and progress on a monthly or bi-monthly basis.
- Customer Service
- Event Planning / Management
- Donor Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Varies - can be performed around your schedule.