As your club’s president, you will be planning, organizing, and carrying out responsibilities associated with your role as the club’s chief executive officer. Most members will help you succeed if the tasks and expectations are clearly defined, reasonable, and the members share appropriate interest and skill. Remember, planning and preparation count, and enthusiasm is contagious.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Calls meetings to order
- Decides when and where meetings will be held
- Leads the meetings, and sets meeting agendas that are aligned with 4 the World’s mission and purpose
- Calls executive meetings to order when needed
- In charge of appointing committee chairs for items such as fundraising event chair, t-shirt committee chair, etc.
Club President’s Checklist
- Keep officers on task and provide assistance for committees to run smoothly.
- Make sure that each officer is aiding the committee to which he/she is assigned.
- Keep a file of all correspondence.
- Respond to any emails regarding the club.
- Approve new member requests as you receive them on Get Involved.
- Generate a list of what needs to be done throughout the week.
- Lead the entire membership in a well-rounded program of activities and projects.
- Conduct and preside over a regular 4 the World meeting.
- Create and abide by an agenda for your monthly meeting.
- Create a PowerPoint presentation for your meeting if needed.
- Arrange and conduct a executive board meeting.
- Work with the committee chairs on their proposed projects for the coming month.
- Communicate with the student council and school administration.
- Make a list of the coming month’s activities and post it so members are aware of the schedule.
- Organize or participate in inter-club activities.
- Work toward a net increase in membership over the previous year.
- Receive help and information from the past president.
- Review all 4 the World documents and the constitution.
- Establish good relations with the main 4 the World organization in Garner and any other partners.
- Review your membership roster and form committees.
- Conduct elections for any new executives that are needed.
- Plan service over the summer so that projects can be started shortly after school begins, if not sooner.
- Verify each member paid his/her dues.
- Plan an end-of-year celebration and reward volunteers for all of their hard work!
- Executive Admin
- Strategic Planning
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 4 to 8 hours per week
- Must be a current student at North Carolina State University
- Webmaster 4 The World NCSU Chapter
- Education Team Members,...
- Marketing/Advertising Manager...
- Marketing Specialists
- Grant Researcher, Grant Writer,...
- Public Relations Specialist
- 4 the World NCSU Chapter Vice...
- 4 the World NCSU Chapter President
- Executive Secretary 4 The World...
- Director of Strategic Partnerships
- Board Members - Board of...
- Education Director