EIS Director of Marketing
The Director of Marketing will focus on managing the marketing resources (offline and online) for Enterprise In Space (EIS). They will drive the strategic thinking creating 3rd party partnerships, content and PR for enhanced exposure and awareness of EIS. This role is central to the organization as they are the lead, day to day point person for marketing activities. This position must understand offline and online marketing and how to manipulate digital tools and assets for increased industry and consumer engagement, as well as brand awareness to generate interest and audiences behind the competitions.
The Director of Marketing will oversee the strategic plan development, implementation and execution of EIS. The Director will leverage and elevate the success of EIS and demonstrate their track record for creatively executing activities that increase the organization’s industry and consumer awareness and ultimate success. Ability to self-start, think outside the box, strategically create and design PR events behind an aggressive calendar is a critical integration, and will be key to your success in this role.
This volunteer opportunity may lead to a permanent, salaried employment.
- Leverage the organization’s Marketing Plan and the Digital Strategy to focus on overall performance of marketing activities. Create and use metrics to guide and gauge impact and focus of marketing programs and investments. Have a POV on what drives the business and elements of success within the marketing mix - PR, digital, website, newsletter, curated content and distribution, spokespeople, 3rd party promotions, etc..
- Owner and driver of marketing and strategic plans. Plan and initiate stakeholder contributions to marketing plans in order to deliver a detailed, quarterly actionable plan. Plan must address: the organization’s audiences and action levers (Know, Feel, Do); grid of monthly deliverables; identify conferences and develop creative materials; budget and timeline; drive press plan that focuses on Tier 1 media as well as Industry; Content plan, and Editorial calendar for social media (SM).
- Lead Marketing portion of meetings with outside Sponsors, addressing all strategic initiatives and key activities. Ensure sponsors are comfortable with plans.
- Assist the SVP of MarCom in preparing the annual budgeting and re-forecasting process to ensure alignment with strategic objectives for the Organization.
- Draft Contracts, Scope of Work, and Request for Approvals documents to partner with vendors when appropriate in order to create deliverables and meet deadlines.
- Support the organization’s public facing events in collaboration with our Creative Services department and servicing events if needed.
- Oversee aspects of marketing-related activities, including budgets, timelines, print materials, staff memos, guest outreach, and staff/volunteer direction.
- Work closely with the Director of Events to:
- Develop, manage and execute master event logistical plan and timeline; assign/delegate tasks to staff and volunteer teams; evaluate, analyze and report results for each event.
- Coordinate services for launches, such as accommodation and transportation for participants, facilities, catering, signage, displays, special needs requirements, printing and event security.
- Manage relationships with external vendors including PR, audio visual, photography, design, copy and print teams.
- Manage the production of program materials including invitations, journals, audiovisual presentations and scripts to reflect organizational messaging.
- Oversee the development of the invite list, including the invitation design, mailing and emailing, follow-up and registration of all participants.
- Hire and supervise launch event staff and engage event specialists/consultants as appropriate to complement event staff.
- Manage relationships with event vendors including hotel conference services, managers and all event attendees.
- Direct and manage launch event teams and staff during pre-event, on-site and clean up post event.
- Responsible for leading/managing various launch event planning teams in the planning and implementation process for all aspects of all events; including scheduling of regular cross-departmental planning meetings and meeting follow-up.
- Evaluate and instantiate best practices across all events.
- Maximize vendor relationships. Integrated expense control.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
- Creative intuition and know how in PR and event strategy.
- Experience in working with non-profits
- Requires an understanding of, and a commitment to advancing the mission and core values of the company and, the ability to incorporate them into the job setting
- Fiscally responsible with experience and excellence for managing event production and budgets (including detailed event estimation, accounting and reporting)
- Ability to work cooperatively with wide range of personalities, including staff and volunteers
- Able to work well under pressure of meeting multiple deadlines
- Exceptional work ethic and strong integrity
- Attention to detail - Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks
- Cooperative - Job requires being a leader and collegial. Must be experienced and effective with high profile personalities
- Effective communicator both verbally and written. Respects the notion of over communicating to guarantee thorough execution of all event details. Keeps internal teams apprised of status via meetings and memos
- Resource Development / Management
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Program Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Effective, Creative, Visionary, Strong Communication, Goal-oriented, Flexible, Strong Leadership
- Elementary/Primary Space...
- EIS Director of Marketing
- Education Communications...
- Online Journal Manager
- Enterprise in Space Educator
- Adjunct Enterprise Education...
- Education Manager for People of...
- Education Standards Organizer
- Junior High/Intermediate...
- Competition Leadership Team...
- Volunteer/Mentor Program...
- High School/Secondary Education...
- EIS Webmaster
- Enterprise Educator Emissary...