Informal Education/Citizen Science Manager
The focus of this position is education in the non-traditional educational settings. The forum for focus would be entities such as Home Schools, After-School Programs, Scouting Affiliations, Community Groups, etc.
This volunteer opportunity may lead to a permanent, salaried employment.
The responsibilities of this Manager are:
- Collaboration with Enterprise In Space (EIS) Education Manager, Deputy Manager and other education team members.
- Oversee creation and development of standards-linked, grade-level curriculum, guides, kits, activities, web-based products, and content.
- Provide graphics, content, and text for EIS Academy projects.
- Ensure international representation of all developed materials is considered and work in collaboration with International, People of Indigenous Origins, and EIS Academy Managers.
- Collaborate with Competition Managers.
- Coordinate and participate in grade level formal educator training and professional development workshops and with the Education Communications Manager.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other EIS managers for conference, symposium, and community outreach activities.
- Collect and disseminate feedback regarding educator/student.
- Document all activities, feedback and follow-up of the Informal Ed Team.
- Assist and coach/educators and Emissaries in experimentation design to meet qualifications of the in-flight program.
- Assist educators in experiment proposal submittals.
- Conduct and document post-flight follow-up with experiment contributing teams.
- Obtain educator volunteers for the Informal Ed Team.
- Other tasks as they arise.
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Math / Science Instruction
- Program Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Interest in space education, experiments, organized, Life-Long Learner
- Elementary/Primary Space...
- Education Communications...
- Online Journal Manager
- Junior High/Intermediate...
- Competition Leadership Team...
- Volunteer/Mentor Program...
- High School/Secondary Education...
- Informal Education/Citizen...
- Enterprise in Space Educator
- Adjunct Enterprise Education...
- Education Manager for People of...
- Enterprise Educator Emissary...