COMMUNITY OUTREACH INTERN - Los Angeles, CA
Interested in working with Keep A Breast supporters on ways to help fundraise? Help us find new ways to reach out to young people and help our team to raise funds for our education and support programs!
The purpose of Community Outreach intern is to assist the Director of Community Outreach in event planning and volunteer organization, and to maximize the fundraising potential of Keep A Breast tours and community events.
The Community Outreach intern works closely with the entire team on event planning, as well as the Marketing team to document and promote community events and tours.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assist team on outreach and partnering efforts
* Help coordinate event production and logistics
* Coordinate events and fundraising efforts
* Help manage contracts, budgets, and travel arrangements, as necessary
* Help coordinate volunteers for community events and tours
* Successful planning and production of KAB outreach and action events
* Smooth operation and financial soundness of KAB Tours and events
* Careful accounting of event/tour donations and in-kind donations
* Development of ideas and strategies for future KAB tours and events
* Measurable increase in event/tour-based fundraising
* Help identify new opportunities for fundraising through DIY Action events
Must be organized and reliable. Have access to your own computer equipment. Must be able to receive college credit. 3-month minimum, 8-10 hours per week (this is flexible), sometime between the hours of 10am - 5pm.
This is a volunteer unpaid internship. We encourage you to use this internship to gain course credit and/or to add this experience to your professional profile.
TO APPLY PLEASE EMAIL COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO INFO@KEEP-ABREAST.ORG
- Community Outreach
- Program Management
- Social Media / Blogging
- Content Management Systems
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 3 Months