The USO Warrior and Family Center - Bethesda is looking for volunteers to staff the USO center and assist guests with all of the amenities the center has to offer. Volunteers will be trained to provide local area information as well as support for events and activities taking place in the building.
- Volunteers are asked to commit to at least 2 shifts per month.
- Evening and weekend availability is preferred but day shifts are available.
- Volunteers will interact with active duty military members as well as those Wounded Warriors receiving treatment at Walter Reed.
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years old and will be required to obtain an installation security badge.
- Volunteers will assist military service members, military dependents, military reservists, National Guard members, and caregivers of those service members assigned to the Warrior Transition Unit using the USO Warrior and Family Center - Bethesda.
- Volunteers are expected to become familiar with the USO’s information resources regarding USO services and events as well as services and facilities available on NSA Bethesda. This will include programs and services specifically geared to those assigned to the Warrior Transition Unit.
- Volunteers provide helpful and courteous customer service to all Center guests and are always available to answer any inquiries from guests as needed.
- Volunteers are responsible for keeping the Center neat and orderly and to replenish the beverage and snack area as needed.
- Volunteers are expected to observe security procedures when signing guests in and to enforce all USO policies and procedures.
Time Required: Minimum of two shifts per month. The Center will be open 365 days a year. Shifts are:
6:00 am - 9:00 am
9:00 am - 1:00 pm
1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
6:00 pm - 10:00pm
Having fun is a mandatory part of volunteering at USO WFC Bethesda!
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Cooking / Catering
- Food Service
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 2 shifts a month for 4 months