The Trustees is looking for enthusiastic people to work with visitors during public events at Farandnear. Farandnear hosts a variety of public programs all year long. Because these programs attract numerous visitors, public program assistants play a vital role in providing a quality visitor experience. Each date is a different opportunity.
Visit http://bit.ly/farandnearprograms to discover what the program is for each date listed. At sign up you will be able to share your preferences for roles. Additional dates/sign up opportunities will be added every few months.
* Varies by event, but roles include some combination of: greeting and directing visitors, serving refreshments or assisting with one or more of the following areas: arts/crafts, campfire keeper, children's activities, adult activities, hike/walk "sweep" (last person in group) Trustees information table, Check in table (uses technology).
* Working independently or together with other volunteers and staff
* Imparting information about The Trustees and Farandnear to visitors
* Interest in talking to and working with the public
* Friendly personality
* Comfort providing instruction in activities and/or games Commitment to reporting service hours via the Trustees volunteer website
Time Commitment 2-6 hours per event. Assistants sign up for events and shifts that fit their interests and schedules.
- General Education
- Environmental Education
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- 2-4 hours per event; one or more events per month
- customer service skills; friendly