Health Promotions Intern: Help Planned Parenthood maintain a presence at community events and achieve its outreach goals as the Health Promotion Intern! In this position, you will work with marketing staff on a variety of activities to promote PPMNS services, conduct community outreach, and analyze current marketing practices. Duties include attendance at events, assisting staff and volunteers with tasks related to planning, registration and attendance, managing inventory of resources, identifying opportunities, completing registrations in a timely manner, communicating with volunteers about shifts, and keeping track of data about fairs. Must be able to travel to community events throughout the area. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn about community outreach and gain valuable skills within a diverse community. 12 to 15 hours/week, 2.5 month minimum commitment.
Function of Organization: Planned Parenthood Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota is a trusted provider of affordable health care services, education and advocacy. We are a non-profit community-based organization whose volunteers and interns help fulfill our mission to affirm human rights to reproductive health and freedom.
General Description: As the Health Promotion Intern, you will work with marketing staff on a variety of activities to promote PPMNS services, conduct community outreach, and analyze current marketing practices.
- Attend and represent PPMNS community events and health fairs throughout the summer.
- Identify health fairs and community events where Planned Parenthood could potentially participate.
- Conduct online marketing research.
- Contribute content to PPMNS social media.
- Manage inventory of resources (pamphlets, condoms and giveaway/promotional items) for events.
- Ensure there is an adequate supply of resources in the storage closet for upcoming events and notify staff if orders are needed.
- Pack/unpack resources before and after events
- Coordinate transporting resources to and from events
- Lead promotional efforts for various metro area clinics.
- Manager volunteers to assist in promotional events.
- Assist staff in various other projects.
- Mastery of promotion and community outreach tools such as:
- and event tabling
- Volunteer coordination and management
- Online researching
- Social media content creation
- Experience working with/within diverse communities
- Interest in reproductive health
- Experience with community outreach
- Flexibility required
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Available most weekends throughout the summer
- Ability to manage resources and people effectively
- Ability to travel to and transport materials to community events
- Must support Planned Parenthood’s mission
- Must be able to work with diverse communities
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 12-15 hours/week
- Hours & Commitment: 12- 15 hours/week required for a minimum with the opportunity to add hours. Seme