Gain valuable skills in Outreach and On-line website management.
NH Lifespan Respite Coalition Outreach VISTA
Project Coordinator, NH ProviderLink
In partnership with Gateways Community Services.....www.gatewayscs.org as the host site....
NH Lifespan Respite Coalition is seeking an Outreach VISTA member to join the dynamic Gateways Community Services' team as a Project Coordinator of NH ProviderLink; an on-line respite worker and training matching site. In this exciting, rewarding and fulfilling opportunity, the Project Coordinator will have several opportunities for professional skill development and networking while making meaningful contributions to the community.
NH ProviderLink Directory(www.NHProviderLink.org) aims to connect individuals with disabilities and elders with respite providers that are a great fit to the needs of the individual and family.
Respite providers seeking employment opportunities have the ability to connect with individuals and families in need of service, and vice versa.
The Project Coordinator for NH ProviderLink will work with the many contacts from the coalition and partnering organizations to increase worker membership and trained respite providers enrolled in NH ProviderLink; increase user enrollment and ensure the site is user friendly.
The VISTA Project Coordinator will also work with families and providers to enroll in NH ProviderLink on a monthly basis, continue to provide outreach and education on resources, and strategize solutions to diminish barriers to user engagement.
Applications must be made directly to AmeriCorps VISTA
*To apply and to learn more about AmeriCorps VISTA program please visit this link: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=58967&fromSearch=true
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Community Outreach
- Develop and enhance community connections with families, workers, and agencies by delivering presentations on NH ProviderLin.org resources, utilizing marketing tools and materials, and managing social media campaign
- Site Administrator
- Fulfill administrative duties for NH ProviderLink by managing user accounts, managing site content, run and analyze reports against user engagement and rate of subscriptions
- Fulfill administrative duties for Relias Learning Management System (online training site) by managing user accounts, monitor and adjust training content as needed, and track learner progress
- Project Coordination
- Serve as lead facilitator at coalition meetings: develop and facilitate meeting agenda, lead project initiatives and progress, facilitate team involvement to meet mission and successful outcomes
- Work with team partners to strategize and implement recruitment efforts of respite providers
- VISTA serves as an excellent transition as you prepare, develop, and strengthen your professional skills
- By working extensively with community partners, you build increased awareness and network relationships of community resources that will serve well for any human services career
- Rewarding, meaningful work opportunity by impacting families and individuals within the community with needed resources and supports and by connecting passionate workers to meaningful and engaging work opportunities
- Friendly, collaborative team environment
- Engaging work environment with supportive and encouraged professional skill development
" My VISTA year gave me a great opportunity to learn more about working at a nonprofit and a better idea of the direction I want my career to go. Both the connection to my community and the experiences I had have made this time unforgettable ." - Felicia, 2015 VISTA Project Coordinator
NH Lifespan Respite Coalition seeks to provide caregivers and families respite resources to relieve the daily strain of caring for loved ones in need.
Research and data suggests that families who provide caregiving services face emotional and financial strains that may lead them into poverty and further related stress. The efforts of NH Lifespan Respite Coalition aim to confront these strains and stressors for families across the state. NH Lifespan Respite Coalition has members from NH Department of Health and Human Services, Special Medical Services, and the Bureau of Developmental Services in collaboration with the Bureau of Elderly and Adult Services, Bureau of Behavioral Health, Partners in Health, Division of Children Youth and Family, National Alliance on Mental Illness, NH Family Voices and Granite State Independent Living.
- Administrative Support
- Resource Development / Management
- Basic Computer Skills
- Community Outreach
- Program Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One year commitment