Vets International is seeking a website manager to join a team of writers,designers, photographers, veterinarians and animal nurses who will provide content for our website and social media channels. Although this is a volunteer position, you will be an active member of our team and a listed staff on our website and in correspondences. You’re vital to the success of our organization that will help animals and heal the planet. This is a great opportunity for a web-savvy designer who wants to add some pro bono consulting experience to their portfolio.
The website manager will keep our website current, mainly by updating our blog and event pages. We’re looking for someone with Wordpress experience who also has some understanding of coding.
The website manager will be helping with, among other things:
- Keeping our blog page and program pages current
- Updating our communications materials and creating templates for newsletters, emails, and other outreach materials
- Ensuring that all communications presents the vision, mission and values of Veterinarians International
- Working with our social media manager to present content in a fun and impactful way
Qualifications/skills and knowledge requirements
- Experienced in web design
- Experience building websites
- Well-organized and detail-oriented
- Self-motivated with the ability to meet deadlines and demonstrate initiative
- Experience with Wordpress
As a young non-profit with ambitious goals of building two mobile elephant clinics in Thaialand and a healthy pet program in Chile and Guatemala, our existing funding is restricted to program activities. Vets International is primarily volunteer run enabling us to have greatest impact in the field.
- Graphic Design
- Website Project Management
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Website Programming
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 3-5 hours per week