Many Black Hawk County veterans need a ride to their medical appointments at the Iowa city Veterans Affairs (VA) medical center once a week. Northeast Iowa Area Agency on Aging oversees the scheduling drivers and rides for veterans. The VA provides the vehicle, gas, and other related expenses; the only thing missing is YOU!
Volunteer drivers with the VA’s Volunteer Transportation Network (VTN) can literally be the difference-maker in veterans receiving needed medical care. Do you have one (or more) weekdays each month that you could spend as a VA volunteer driver? Rides are given each day of the week (Monday-Friday) at varying times.
Must have a clean driving record, favorable background check, and be able to pass an occupational health physical (provided by the VA). To learn more about what’s involved and how you can serve those who served through this important volunteer activity, please contact the Iowa City VA Voluntary Service office at 319-338-0581 ext. 6271.
- Veteran Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- 1 day (as many times a month as you'd like)
- Occupational health physical (provided by the VA)
- Home Delivered Meals- La Porte...
- Congregate Meal Site Coordinator
- Home Delivered Meals - Tama/Toledo
- Home Delivered Meals - Oelwein
- Office Assistant
- Drivers Needed: Serve Those Who...
- Home Delivered Meals - West Union
- Home Delivered Meals - Waterloo
- Home Delivered Meals -...
- Home Delivered Meals - Dubuque
- Grocery Box Delivery
- Home Delivered Meals - Cedar Falls