MISSION: The mission of Mothers Against Drunk Driving is to end drunk driving, help fight drugged driving, support the victims of these violent crimes and prevent underage drinking.
TITLE OF POSITION: Victim Impact Panel (VIP) Facilitator
PURPOSE OF JOB: To support the mission of MADD by helping victims/survivors of impaired driving share their stories, and by effectively communicating to DUI/DUID offenders to help them understand the seriousness of their crimes in an effort to reduce repeat offenses.
- Facilitate 2-hour Victim Impact Panels
- Help set-up and break down registration area
- Register VIP attendees
- Welcome VIP speakers and help them get set up to speak
- Ask for donations from VIP attendees
- Reconcile VIP funds
- Sign Community Service timesheets
- Resolve issues both during registration and during the Panel
- 20 hours of training at multiple VIP locations
- Age 18 or older
- Reliable transportation to/from VIP
- Able to help move tables and chairs
- Able to stand for 30 minutes at a time
- Comfortable speaking publicly
- Background check required
TIME COMMITMENT REQUIRED:
- VIPs are typically held Mon, Tues and Wed evenings. They are held all over the state. Volunteers do not have to live in the Denver Metro Area to participate in this volunteer opportunity.
- Arrive 30 minutes prior to the start of panel registration and remain until all panel attendees have departed.
- 4-hour commitment per panel, and panel paperwork is due to the State Office the week of the panel
- VIP’s are held all over Colorado. Dates, times and locations can be viewed at: http://www.madd.org/local-offices/co/victim-impact-panels/.
- Public speaking experience
- Help victims/survivors share their stories in a safe space
- Learn about the judicial process for DUI/DUID offenders in Colorado
Contact:Ilana Kurtzig, Programs Specialist, 303.425.5902 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Public Speaking
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Schedule flex, but 4 hrs. min on days of service