YMCA of Greater Houston
Summary: YMCA International Services seeks a Volunteer Citizenship Assistant Instructor to help students prepare for their naturalization exams.
Position Title: Volunteer Tutor
Reports To: Citizenship Instructor
Hours: Two Saturdays per month, 8.5 hours
YMCA International Services is looking for volunteers to serve as assistant instructors at our weekly citizenship classes on Saturdays at 10 am to 2 pm. Citizenship classes are offered to immigrants and refugees who are preparing for the naturalization exam, and the class curriculum includes U.S. civics and history as well as writing, reading, and speaking Basic English.
- Volunteer will uphold YMCA mission, values, and guidelines
- Volunteer will be responsible for providing one-on-one assistance or leading student groups
- Volunteer will keep track of all hours spent volunteering and will provide this to Citizenship Instructor every month.
- Must be able to commit to at least two Saturdays per month
- Must be present by 9:45am and stay for duration of class
- Volunteers with experience working with diverse populations preferred.
- Good written and verbal English communication skills
For more information about this position, please contact Haya at email@example.com
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours and 15 minutes per week.
- Receptionist Assistant Volunteer
- ESL Tutor - Help Refugees Learn...
- Apartment Setup and Warehouse...
- Volunteer Citizenship Assistant
- Kinyarwanda Interpreter
- Relationship Enhancement Course...
- ESL Tutor - In the community
- Burmese Interpreter
- Pre-GED Tutor
- Administrative Employment...
- Farsi Interpreter-Help Refugees