Board of Directors Opportunity
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where119 Washington AvenueAlbany, NY 12210
The New York State Coalition Against Domestic Violence (NYSCADV) is accepting applications for open Board of Directors seats. NYSCADV is excited to welcome new leaders to serve on our Board of Directors and help guide our organization's growth and impact. We are recruiting dedicated, passionate people whose ideas, skills, diversity and expertise will help drive the success of our mission. We offer an opportunity to make an impact on global health by joining a growing organization that works to create and support the social change necessary to prevent and confront all forms of domestic violence. We seek candidates with experience in finance and accounting, fundraising, business development, legal affairs and human services.
As a Member of NYSCADV's Board of Directors, you will...
- Ensure NYSCADV's work is carried out in line with our mission and vision by staying engaged in our program impact, making important decisions about strategy and policy, and exercising fiduciary and governance responsibilities.
- Champion NYSCADV's cause, and work with your fellow Board members and NYSCADV staff as partners toward the achievement of our goals.
- Actively participate in fundraising events and campaigns, and make an annual personal financial contribution at a level meaningful to you.
- Participate in full Board meetings four times per year in Albany and monthly Committee meetings via teleconference.
Interested individuals should contact Connie Neal, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter stating one's interest, as well as a resume, indicating professional and volunteer experience.
- Financial Auditing
- Resource Development / Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Safety & Disaster Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 1-5 hours per month
- Attend 4 Board meetings per year in Albany & monthly Committee meetings via teleconference.