Housing Works is powered by a vibrant community of volunteers who lend their time, dedication, and passion to many different roles within our organization. For more information about our mission and programs, visit our website: www.housingworks.org
Join our team of volunteer Bookstore Sales Associates!
Our bookstore serves many purposes for the community and with that, our volunteers enjoy a wide variety of responsibilities. Bookstore Sales Associates price and shelve books, run the register, take donations, maintain sections and displays, and help customers. You act as the friendly face that keeps customers coming back and supporting the Housing Works mission!
Bookstore Volunteers are frequently asked to support us at exciting special events held at the Bookstore, such as concerts, book launches, and trivia events.
* Complete an online application. You can find it here: https://www.housingworks.org/volunteer/bookstore-cafe
* Be at least 16 years of age to be a sales associate
* Attend a New Volunteer Information Session, to which you will be invited shortly after you apply.
* Commit to one four-hour shift per week for a minimum of six months. We are not recruiting short-term volunteers, so please apply if you can find a shift that will fit with your schedule for the next six months.
Monday-Thursday, 9-2p, 2-6p, 6-10p
Friday-Sunday, 10-2p, 2-6:30p
- General Education
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Literacy / Reading
- Library Sciences
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- 4 hours/week for 6 months
- Design on a Dime Data Entry...
- Help us end AIDS one book at a...
- Help us End AIDS one cup of...
- Data Entry Volunteer
- Volunteer at Design on a Dime!...
- Come Support Housing Works at...
- Support Housing Works as a...
- Volunteer Recruitment Opportunity!
- Join Housing Works as a Thrift...
- Help us end AIDS at Design on a...