Do you love books--old and new? Do you enjoy hunting for treasures and learning about the values of books? Do you have 2-4 hours a week to meet new people, serve your community, help the environment, and contribute to a great cause?
Come volunteer at Ephrata Re-Uzit with Booksavers!
Three GREAT reasons to get invovled:
1. Our stores provide quality clothing, books, furniture, housewares, and more to local families at affordable prices.
2. We are very environmentally-minded: not only does thrift encourage and enable the responsible use and reuse of consumer goods--we recycle everything that we can't sell in our stores.
3. Proceeds from our stores benefit Mennonite Central Committee--an organization that has been operating relief, development, and peace programs at home and around the world since 1920.
A Volunteer Book Lister with Ephrata Re-Uzit Stores, Inc. works in the Booksavers warehouse located at 1054 South State Street Ephrata, PA 17522.
Position duties include :
- Check the price of donated books online.
- Assess the condition of the book.
- Use a computer program to list the book for sale online. (You will be trained and be provided with written instructions on how to list.)
- Shelve books.
- Teaching / Instruction
- Library Sciences
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible hours on a weekly or bi weekly basis
- Experience with computers is helpful