Provide companionship and practical support to hospice patients and their caregivers. Patient support volunteers are matched 1:1 with patients who they visit in their homes on an ongoing basis.
Hospice care focuses on comfort and quality of life when a person has a life expectancy of six months or less. Volunteers are an essential part of our care team.
Ideal candidates are:
- Comfortable meeting new people
- Comfortable with death and dying
- Able to give 2-4 hours of service each week
- Able to transport themselves to patient's homes throughout the Metro area
No medical experience necessary. We will train you.
For more information, please visit our web site at http://www.fairview.org/hospicevolunteer. There is an online volunteer application on this site.
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- approx 2-4 hrs/wk, min. of 3 mos and 50 total hrs
- health screening, car