The mission of Cape Fear Habitat for Humanity is to partner with working families, sponsors and communities to build affordable, green quality homes and to provide support services that promote successful home purchase and ownership. The ReStore generates revenue through the sale of donated and reclaimed building materials and supplies. All proceeds support Cape Fear Habitat’s mission.
ReStore, Cape Fear Habitat for Humanity home improvement outlet, is seeking a customer-service minded candidate to support the donations process by tracking donations, returning phone calls, confirming pick-ups with donors, and representing the ReStore in the community. Qualified candidates will have at least one year of customer service or administrative experience, and excellent computer and telephone skills.
The Donations Assistant is responsible for:
* Entering ReStore donation information into Thriftcart.
* Retrieving and screening phone messages left on the donations hotline.
* Returning designated donation calls.
* Sending confirmation calls to donors one to two days prior to pickups as requested by the Donations Scheduling Coordinator.
* Inputting incoming donation requests into Thriftcart Call Logger.
* Making calls to businesses to ask for donations of store-related items.
* Sending thank you letters and calls to donors.
* Assisting Donations Coordinator as needed.
The ReStore Donations Assistant will work in a fun work environment. This position is for a part-time volunteer , assisting our donation coordinator, Mary-Kate, 15-20 hours per week. The Ogden ReStore is open Monday through Friday 10am - 6pm and Saturday 9am - 5pm.
* Minimum High school Diploma or GED.
* At least one year of customer service or administrative experience.
* Desire to support the CFH mission.
* Superior customer service.
* Excellent written and verbal communication.
* Good organization and time management.
* Database and computer proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
The ReStore is more than a thrift store!
It is a second chance. The ReStore allows Cape Fear Habitat to improve the standard of housing in our community.
Every ReStore purchase supports the mission of Cape Fear Habitat by providing household and building supply items at below market cost while protecting the environment. We resell by recycling items in good condition that might otherwise end up in the landfill and at 50% - 80% BELOW Retail!