Wildfires are devastating communities across California, causing more than 300,000 people to evacuate their homes and threatening many more. The Camp Fire in Northern California -- one of three blazing across the state -- is the most destructive in state history. We want to ensure that, if you are in an affected community, you find access to shelter. And if you are looking to help with disaster relief efforts, you know the most effective ways to contribute.
The mission of Cape Fear Habitat for Humanity is to partner with working families, sponsors and communities to build affordable, green quality homes and to provide support services that promote successful home purchase and ownership. The ReStore generates revenue through the sale of donated and reclaimed building materials and supplies. All proceeds support Cape Fear Habitat’s mission.
ReStore, Cape Fear Habitat for Humanity home improvement outlet, is seeking a customer-service minded candidate to support the donations process by tracking donations, returning phone calls, confirming pick-ups with donors, and representing the ReStore in the community. Qualified candidates will have at least one year of customer service or administrative experience, and excellent computer and telephone skills.
The Donations Assistant is responsible for:
* Entering ReStore donation information into Thriftcart.
* Retrieving and screening phone messages left on the donations hotline.
* Returning designated donation calls.
* Sending confirmation calls to donors one to two days prior to pickups as requested by the Donations Scheduling Coordinator.
* Inputting incoming donation requests into Thriftcart Call Logger.
* Making calls to businesses to ask for donations of store-related items.
* Sending thank you letters and calls to donors.
* Assisting Donations Coordinator as needed.
The ReStore Donations Assistant will work in a fun work environment. This position is for a part-time volunteer , assisting our donation coordinator, Mary-Kate, 15-20 hours per week. The Ogden ReStore is open Monday through Friday 10am - 6pm and Saturday 9am - 5pm.
* Minimum High school Diploma or GED.
* At least one year of customer service or administrative experience.
* Desire to support the CFH mission.
* Superior customer service.
* Excellent written and verbal communication.
* Good organization and time management.
* Database and computer proficiency in Microsoft Office.