179 people are interested
Food Access Project
ORGANIZATION: BREAD OF LIFE
Please visit the new page to apply.
179 people are interested
Food Access Project is composed of volunteers from immigrant communities and others, which can implement and oversee activities designed to improve access of immigrant populations and others to BOL services and volunteer opportunities.
The purpose of Food Access Project
I. Implement activities to improve access:
- do targeted outreach to immigrant communities to:
1) assess barriers to food access
2) identify nutritional needs and food preferences
3) promote awareness of BOL food programs
- identify barriers of immigrant communities to accessing BOL services so these barriers can be addressed
- provide interpreting services for the large percentage of patrons of our food programs who are not proficient in English
- provide food resource information in languages spoken by the immigrant communities
II. Implement activities to provide nutritious & culturally-appropriate foods:
- survey the patrons of our food programs to assess how those programs are meeting their needs and what changes would be needed in order to better meet their needs
- solicit donations of foods or products identified as needs by immigrant communities
- communicate identified food needs and preferences of immigrant populations
About BREAD OF LIFE
54 EASTERN AVENUE REAR, MALDEN, MA 02148, US
Our mission is to feed the body and to nurture the soul.
Bread of Life is a faith-based ministry serving the communities north of Boston. BOL’s mission is to feed the body and to nurture the soul. We strive to feed the hungry, the homeless, the needy and the isolated; to offer spiritual nurture, support and hospitality; to promote greater peace and justice by addressing broader issues of hunger, poverty, and need; and to conduct our work in a spirit of respect and nonviolence.As a faith-based volunteer organization, Bread of Life brings together 46 partner churches, synagogues, high schools, businesses and community organizations from north Boston to offer free food to hungry, homeless, and isolated people in the community through dinners, held four nights a week, food pantries in Everett and Malden, grocery delivery to seniors in public housing, and food delivery to homeless families sheltered in local motels. Bread of Life is one of the top purchasers and distributors of food at the Greater Boston Food Bank and distributes yearly the equivalent of over 1,030,000 free meals. BOL also works with local agencies to provide local low-income residents with free health care, furniture, clothing, housewares, referrals and advocacy.
54 Eastern AvenueMalden, MA 02148
January 9, 2024
- Event Design & Planning
- Cooking / Catering
- Food & Beverage Services
- Food Service
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Orientation or Training