Volunteer Furniture/Appliance Repair
2 people are interested
Do you enjoy making minor repairs to furniture and appliances? Do you think it is important to reuse and recycle unwanted items instead of throwing them away? Do you have 2-4 hours a week to meet new people, serve your community, help the environment, and contribute to a great cause?
Come volunteer at Ephrata Re-Uzit!
Three GREAT reasons to get invovled:
1. Our stores provide quality clothing, books, furniture, housewares, and more to local families at affordable prices.
2. We are very environmentally-minded: not only does thrift encourage and enable the responsible use and reuse of consumer goods--we recycle everything that we can't sell in our stores.
3. Proceeds from our stores benefit Mennonite Central Committee--an organization that has been operating relief, development, and peace programs at home and around the world since 1920.
Folks who volunteer to repair furniture and/or appliances :
1. Assess donated furniture and determine whether or not it is in working order.
2. Complete minor repairs, replace damaged or missing hardware.
3. Repair scratches and touch up paint and stain as able.
4. Clean and polish furniture.
We'll work with your schedule.
1054 S. State StreetEphrata, PA 17522
- Bike Mechanics / Repair
- Appliance Repair
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Any amount of hours on a weekly or bi-weekly basis
- Experience in repairing furntiure and/or appliances