The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Mission: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families
Postion Title: Patti Robinson Kaufmann First Connection Volunteer (PRKFC)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides mutual understanding and support to patients/caregivers requesting a PRKFC match.
- Ensures that the patient/caregiver is aware of LLS information and resources available.
- Research and become educated about disease information and helpful resources for patients/caregivers through LLS and other community providers.
- Makes matches within 48 hours of request or let Patient Access Staff know why you are not able to connect with the requester.
- Abides by LLS patient privacy policies, including to hold in strict confidence all patient information obtained as a PRKFC Volunteer.
- Provides required feedback via online forms to Patient Access or PRKFC Volunteer Coordinator staff within 72 hours following each FC match.
- Participates in 2-3 additional volunteer activities throughout the year:
- Remote (must have access to computer, internet, email and phone)
- One year post diagnosis or treatment (individually assessed)
- Comfortable communicating via telephone, both listening and/or talking
- Have a blood cancer diagnosis (or are the immediate caregiver of a patient diagnosed with blood cancer)
- Willing to commit to the program for at least one year
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
- Evidenced sensitivity
- Being an important part of someone’s cancer journey
- Providing much-needed support, resources and comfort. In some cases, you will be the first person the patient/caregiver has spoken to with the same/similar diagnosis and cancer experience.
- Being a Patti Robinson Kaufmann First Connection Volunteer can give you an opportunity as a survivor to "pay it forward" or give back
- People Skills
- Community Outreach
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of one year
- blood cancer survivor or cancer caregiver