Position Title: GatewayVMS Mentor
Position Reports To: Mentor Program Administrator
Hours: Equivalent of 1 day per month (or 8 hours); may exceed depending on mentee need and availability
Gateway Venture Mentoring Service (GVMS) a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit is an entrepreneur support organization (ESO) with its primary goal to facilitate a successful environment for entrepreneurship in the Greater St. Louis region. GatewayVMS helps early-stage entrepreneurs move forward in their journey. Its mentoring service provides entrepreneurs with access to an array of serial entrepreneurs, and business and service professionals who work closely with the individual or team to strengthen their venture and help accelerate their growth. GatewayVMS is unique in that it provides group mentoring based on the belief that a start-up venture is far more likely to thrive when supported by multiple mentors with proven skills and experience.
GatewayVMS seeks individuals who are willing to volunteer their time and who are passionate about mentoring early-stage entrepreneurs on their entrepreneurial journey, to advise and guide, to accelerate their growth, and to provide an ongoing educational relationship.
Currently seeking mentors with expertise in the following areas: Marketing, Accounting, Insurance, Maintenance, Healthcare, Food Distribution and Manufacturing, and Business plan writing. However, anyone interested in mentoring are more than welcome to apply to be a mentor.
- Be open and honest
- Provide sound advice and feedback
- Be able to share contacts and connections
- Keep confidential all business information learned in the course of mentoring
- Dedicate at least the equivalent of 1-2 days per month
- Have fun!
- Must be a current or former Founder, Owner, Principal, Executive, or Senior Officer of a company or business
- Have at least 2-3 years of experience successfully operating a company or business; and/or have expertise in a requested area
- Enthusiasm for program
- No personal agenda
- Ability to volunteer time to participate
- Have a passion for mentoring early-stage entrepreneurs and giving back
- Ability to advise and coach
- Active listening skills
- Comfortable with team-based mentoring
- Ability to ensure a conflict-free, trusted environment for the entrepreneur
To Apply:Please visit http://gvms.ite-stl.org/ and send your Bio to email@example.com
- SWOT / GAP Analysis
- Business Development
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Sales Marketing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- At least 8 hours per month