The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) exists to find cures and ensure access to treatments for blood cancer patients. We are the voice for all blood cancer patients and we work to ensure access to treatments for all blood cancer patients.
Family Support Groups are community support groups led by local healthcare professionals and attended by blood cancer patients and families.
- Coordinate with Family Support Group Facilitators to collect sign-in sheets and referral forms in a timely manner, confirm room reservations (as-needed), collect refreshment receipts (as-needed)
- Submit sign-in sheets and referral forms to appropriate designee
- Fill out and submit check-requests to Patient Access Staff for facilitator reimbursement of refreshments
- Track and log group attendance and volunteer hours in LLS database
- Provide facilitators with updated LLS resources and information
- Create and email flyers to increase Family Support Group awareness and attendance
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
- Evidenced sensitivity (experience working with cancer patients preferred)
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent database management skills
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Quick learner of new databases and software
- Experience working in healthcare settings a plus
- Salesforce knowledge a plus
This is an excellent opportunity to maintain or enhance office skills and learn new database management.
By supporting Family Support Group facilitators, you are freeing up time they can dedicate to patients and family members in need.
This position can be located in Warwick, RI or Natick, MA
- Administrative Support
- People Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 5-10 hours per month or mutually agreed upon time.
- 6 month commitment desired. Flexible schedule