Academic Year in America (AYA), is a high school foreign exchange program that promotes cultural understanding and international education. The AYA program brings over 800 students from around the world to study an academic year in America and has a team of volunteers nationwide.
We are very excited to be working together to bring these wonderful exchange students into our school and community. Therefore, we are reaching out to our families within our local community to see if you would be interested in hosting one of these international students.
Why Host with AYA?
- · Be a part of something bigger & help bring the world together!
- · Build lifelong friendships with another culture
- · Give your family, son or daughter the opportunity to learn about another country
- · Represent American culture and provide a nurturing & enriched homestay for international students
- · Receive 24/7 support from the AYA team in everything you do
- General Education
- Child Development
- People Skills
- Youth Services
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- A semester or full school year
- Providing a student with a safe, supportive and loving home for the academic year or semester