The San Francisco Civic Symphony (SFCS) is seeking friendly classical music lovers to serve as ushers for its upcoming Fall 2016 concert. The oldest community orchestra in the west coast, the SFCS provides a welcoming place for musicians of all levels to play, and hosts free performances for the public quarterly.
Ushers will help to direct the 1000+ concert attendees throughout the Nourse Theatre and are free to enjoy the concert once attendees are seated. The time commitment for volunteering is approximately three hours. Usher responsibiltiies include:
- Directing patrons to seating (general admission, no tickets)
- Handing out concert programs
- Directing patrons to restrooms and emergency exits as needed
- Collecting donations before, during intermission, and after the program
Ushers are responsible for their own transportation to and from the concert venue. Ushers will be given a brief orientation at 1:30 pm prior to the doors opening at 2:00pm and the concert's 3:00 pm start.
- N. Rimsky-Korsakov, Capriccio Espagnol
- Sandi Patty, "Love in Any Language", arranged by Kevin Gordon, featuring guest singer/drag performer Vanessa Bousay
- P. I. Tchaikovsky, Symphony No. 5
Jessica Bejarano - Conductor
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- 4 hours