Social Media Intern Needed
Dallas Pets Alive!
Local DFW Rescue is looking for an unpaid intern with strong knowledge and understanding of the digital media landscape, specifically various social media platforms (i.e. Google+, YouTube, Pinterest, Facebook). The social media intern will need to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills, willingness to stay up-to-date with current social media trends, and the flexibility to adapt to change. The intern will collaborate with the marketing team to maintain Dallas Pets Alive’s presence on various social media platforms and help create and publish content that is relevant to our publics. He/she will regularly analyze and report on the activity on social media networks.
- Work with marketing directors and social media volunteers to develop a weekly schedule for our social media platforms, specifically Google+, YouTube, and Pinterest.
- Collaborate with our graphic designers and different internal team directors (Rescue, Foster, Adopt, Fundraising, Volunteer, etc.) to ensure all department social outreach needs are met.
- Monitor and post on blogs, forums and social networks.
- Analyze posts and community engagement on social networks and communicate findings to make actionable changes to social media planning.
- Research topics to improve overall social media communication plan.
- Must meet weekly deadlines and be available during most weekends.
- Candidate must be a self starter and comfortable with both taking initiative and working collaboratively with a team
- Students applying for this internship should be currently enrolled as a Junior or Senior in an accredited university under one of the following departments: Marketing/Business, Mass Communications or Language/Communications.
- Must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office & Google Tools
- Ability to demonstrate basic photo editing (video editing is a plus)
- Ability to dedicate a minimum of 10 hours per week with flexible hours.
- Readily available internet access and computer.
- Must love animals!!!!
- This is a part-time internship, and we require that you have your own computer and have access to internet to complete internship projects and tasks. While the internship is unpaid, we can sign off on school credit. Please note most of your work will be conducted virtually.
- Candidates should maintain a positive attitude under pressure, exhibit a strong work ethic and enjoy working with a wide range of personalities. Most importantly, the candidate should be flexible and willing to take on multiple tasks in a non-profit environment. This internship will benefit someone who is interested in marketing, community relations and audience development.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Public Relations
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Google Apps
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- approximately 10 hours per week
- Minimum 3.0 GPA and must be Junior/Senior
- New Partner Coordinator
- Medical Coordinator
- Shelter Customer Service Volunteer
- On-Line Customer Service Volunteer
- Adoptline Volunteer
- Volunteer Coordinator
- PASS (Positive Alternatives to...
- Project Manager - Spotlight...
- Fundraising Director
- Landlord and Vet Check Volunteer
- Graphic Designer
- Transfer Coordinator
- Grant Writer
- Social Media Intern
- Volunteer Events Coordinator
- Rescue Coordinator
- Adoption Counselor
- Foster Representative