As an informed representative of its ownership, and on behalf of its ownership, the board determines and demands appropriate organization performance. Accordingly, the specific job of the board shall be to:
- Establish connections and network linkages between NORWESCAP, its ownership and affiliates.
2. Write governing policies that, at the broadest levels address:
a. Ends, Organizational products, impacts, benefits, outcomes (what good for whom at what cost).
b. Executive Limitations: Constraints on executive authority that establish the prudence and ethics boundaries within which all executive activity and decisions must take place.
c. Governance Process. Specification of how the board conceives, carries out, and monitors its own task.
d. Board-CEO Linkage: How power is delegated and its proper use monitored by way of the executive director role, authority and accountability.
- Assure performance of the executive director in accord with policies 2a and 2b above.
The job of the board is to make certain contributions that lead the organization toward the desired performance and assure that it occurs. The board's specific contributions are unique to its trusteeship role and necessary for proper governance and management. Board members should have:
- Commitment to the organization and its mission;
- knowledge about the programs and goals of the organization;
- capacity to focus that knowledge on decision making that benefits the organization as a whole and secures the long-term future of the Agency;
- ability to participate knowledgably and assertively in deliberation;
- Evident commitment to all Board Governance Policies, including adherence to "The Board Speaks with Voice Principal" and maintenance of attendance requirements.
Each member of the Board should also commit to (1) actively engaging and productively participating as a member in a minimum of one Board committee, (2) attending a minimum of two annual organizational activities above and beyond the Board meetings themselves, (3) every fiscal year to make a financial donation/contribution in an amount that is personally significant to them.
- Capacity Planning
- Strategic Planning
- Business Analysis
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Every other month-6 hours; other months 2 hours