Gain practical and valuable office and administrative skills that will prepare you for any office environment, while gaining insight into the inner workings of local government! Work on your written and oral professional communication skills, brush up on Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, work on city-wide contract management and administration, and help with the maintenance, tracking, and publishing of City-related documentation. This is a great opportunity to learn about and work with various departments within the City!
Under immediate supervision, the Communications/City Clerk Volunteer provides administrative assistance and clerical support to the Communications/City Clerk Department. Examples of duties include:
- Assists the Communications/City Clerk Department in planning, organizing, and implementing the Citywide Records Management Program, City Council Agenda Management, and other programs/projects as assigned;
- Researches and compiles information from various sources; prepares reports and correspondence; creates spreadsheets and other visual information displays;
- Processes detailed paperwork in strict accordance with specific procedures and policies;
- Follows written and oral directions, communicates effectively both orally and in writing;
- Works cooperatively as a member of a team, as well as independently and in the absence of direct supervision; and establishes and maintains effective working relationships with City staff, outside agencies and the public; and
- Observes safety principles and works in a safe manner.
Please note that this volunteer opportunity is an unpaid, non-benefitted position.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 3 months