Does your pet enjoy people? Would you like to bring joy to others in a fun and simple way?
VITAS invites you and your pet to become Paw Pals and visit VITAS patients.
Pets provide friendship and show unconditional love to hospice patients. Patients who have had to give up their pets miss the interaction and devotion. Your visits leave behind memories of you and your pet, and rekindle thoughts of other pets.
All kinds of pets are invited to join VITAS’ Paw Pals Club.
VITAS Volunteer orientation is provided free of charge to help you learn the skills required to be an outstanding VITAS Paw Pals Volunteer.
You and your pet will also need to pass a pet screening session (basic commands and temperment).
Time and dates for both the orientation and pet screening are flexible.
Your pet does NOT need to be a certified service animal.
- Patient Care
- Veteran Care
- Animal Therapy
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Human must be at least 18. Pet must be at least 1 year old and up to date on vaccinations.
- SEWING VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!
- Volunteer With Your Pet! Become...
- Become a VITAS hospice...
- Have a great pet? Share the love...
- Do you live in North...
- Want to work in a great office?...
- VITAS needs you...become a...
- Live at the beach and have a...
- Know how to sew? Use your talent...
- Administrative Volunteers...