Know how to sew? Use your talent to bring comfort to grieving families by making VITAS Memory Bears!
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereNear your home, office or school location in DuvalJacksonville, FL 32256
VITAS Memory Bear Volunteers make home-sewn bears with compassion and love to ease a hurting heart after the death of a VITAS patient.
The bears are sewn from items of the patient’s clothing: a favorite pair of jeans, pullover top, dress, bathrobe, nightgown, etc.
A Memory Bear may recall the closeness of a loved one, bring a smile to someone in distress, or offer a sense of security to a child who feels alone after the loss of a grandparent, parent or sibling.
The fabric is provided by the family; the pattern, support and stuffing are provided by VITAS and the creativity is provided by the Memory Bear Volunteer.
Volunteers should have a desire to use their talents or hobbies to make a difference in someone’s life.
Must have sewing tools: sewing machine, needles, etc.
No professional experience is necessary, but creativity is a plus.
- Family Therapy
- Elder care
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 13
- Orientation or Training
- Must have own sewing machine. We provide the rest!
- SEWING VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!
- Volunteer With Your Pet! Become...
- Become a VITAS hospice...
- Have a great pet? Share the love...
- Do you live in North...
- Want to work in a great office?...
- VITAS needs you...become a...
- Live at the beach and have a...
- Know how to sew? Use your talent...
- Administrative Volunteers...