Friendly Visitor, Hospice Volunteer Sheboygan Co.
3 people are interested
Volunteers are the HEART of Hospice. We are looking for kind caring individuals to provide companionship and be a "friendly visitor" to our patients in end of life care. Patients are in facilities and homes throughout the Sheboygan County area so there is likely a person in need conveniently close to you.
As a Hospice Visistor Volunteer you may:
- Provide active listening and a caring presence
- Read a book or listen to their favourite music
- Play games or take walks as they are able
- Participate in life review or just hear their stories
- Be present while a caregiver rests
- Remember special days
- Laugh with them
- Or just hold their hand while they rest
Volunteers typically visit with a patient once a week for 1 - 2 hours. Scheduling is very flexible. Training is provided so you can be confident in doing an excellent job as a Companion Volunteer. You will develop soft social skills such as active listening and empathetic companionship in a health care setting. This can reflect well on a resume.
If you are interested in doing something that will give back and be a heart expanding experience, call Robert Pamenter at 920 252-5066 or email Robert.Pamenter@Aurora.org
We'll work with your schedule.
Facilities and Homes throughout Sheboygan Co.Will work to find a patient near youSheboygan, WI 53081
- Hospice Care
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours per week
- Training is provided so you will feel confident in your role as a volunteer.