Are you a little adventurous minded and enjoy the company of others? Want to be directly involved in a lifesaving service? This opportunity might be perfect for you!
We need volunteers aged 25+ who have a good driving record, clean background, and time to drive survivors of domestic violence from a Dallas, TX location to a destination an hour or more away.
- Trips are typically to another county or state depending on our client's needs.
- Arranged pick-ups in a safe public place going to a home or shelter.
- Most of our clients travel with children- we prepare car seats so you don't have to.
- You can choose to accept a trip- no pressure!
- Families to Freedom provides the vehicle, fuel, food and other travel costs.
- Typical driving missions start in the morning. Shift scheduling is not available with this position.
- You can share driving with a friend or family member if they are also a volunteer.
- Some travel is same-day return, other longer trips require an overnight stay.
Weekday volunteer drivers are in high demand!!View the Volunteer page on FamiliestoFreedom.org for an application and orientation dates. Please provide a phone number in your response to schedule private orientation and training convenient for your schedule, or call 972-885-7020 for information about this position.
- People Skills
- Bus/Van Driving
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment