Looking for Cabin Leaders the weeks of May 22 (training begins Sunday at 3:00pm and the week ends Friday at 12:00pm). All meals provided. Transportation can be arranged to and from local high schools.
Each school week, we host responsible volunteers age 15-22 at our picturesque setting located on 32 acres in the foothills of the Santa Cruz Mountains (10 mins. outside of downtown Saratoga). Volunteer Cabin Leaders act as positive role models working alongside our staff guiding 5/6 th grade campers. Cabin Leaders stay in cabins with 14-18 students and utilize the skills they learn while at Walden West to ensure each young camper has a great experience throughout their week of residential outdoor school.
Cabin Leaders join a week of fun and personal growth as they develop/enhance their leadership skills. In field class they enrich their current knowledge in subject areas related to: Biology, Environmental Science, Physics/Engineering, Sustainable Living, and Physical Education.
Throughout the week they develop their interpersonal skills further preparing them for career/college by working on: problem solving, critical thinking, personal maturity, leadership, mentoring and gaining a sense of community.
- Must be in good academic standing.
- 100 service learning hours
- Certificate of Accomplishment (academic hours and leadership competencies)
- Evaluation for college applications and job applications
- Eligible for the President’s Volunteer Service Award
Register at www.waldenwest.org/volunteer
- Physical Education
- Environmental Education
- Math / Science Instruction
- Child Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 15
- One week - Sunday 3pm through Friday at noon
- Live Scan Fingerprinting/background check and TB Risk assessment if 18 or older.