The Becoming One Community Foundation is seeking board members with a strong sense of integrity, commitment, and dedication to implementing our mission in the community.
Our Mission: The mission is to invest in the lives of our ex-offenders by providing comprehensive programs that will aid their re-entry back into their communities; this will result in not being an "Ex-Offender" but a productive, valued member of society.
Our Ideal Board member will possess the following characteristics:
- Commitment to the mission
- Independent minded
- Transparent, acting with integrity
- Finding and sustaining resources
- Focused on results
- Committed to expanding the organization’s "circle of friends"
Length of term: All board members will have the option to serve a maximum of three/ two-year terms at which time their seat will be filled by a new member.
Meetings and time commitment:
- The board of directors meets September through June on the fourth Sunday of the month, 7:00 p.m. (Central Standard Time), via teleconferencing. Meetings typically last 60 minutes.
- Committees of the board meet an average of four times per year, pending their respective work agenda.
- Board members are asked to attend no more than two special events or meetings per year, as they are determined.
Expectations of board members:
- Attend and participate in meetings on a regular basis, and special events as able.
- Participate on a standing committee of the board, and serve on ad-hoc committees as necessary.
- Be alert to community concerns that can be addressed by Becoming One Community Foundation mission, objectives, and programs.
- Help communicate and promote Becoming One Community Foundation mission and programs to the community.
- Become familiar with Becoming One Community Foundation finances, budget, and financial/resource needs.
- Understand the policies and procedures of Becoming One Community Foundation.
- Financially support Becoming One Community Foundation in a manner commensurate with one’s ability.
If interested please contact us with a copy of your resume via firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact us at 832-422-6926 if you have any questions. Thank you
- Strategic Planning
- Resource Development / Management
- Business Development
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- At least 5 hours per month