Make a connection with seniors in the community!
Description : This is a volunteer opportunity for groups to make a positive impact on the lives of seniors in the community. Groups of ten or more will play cards, board games, bingo, and/or lead other activities for seniors in Dayton’s Bluff or Payne-Phalen - our two service areas. This is a great opportunity for classes, student groups, groups of friends, and more to volunteer together and have fun while also giving back to the community.
About Us: East Side Elders is a community program dedicated to supporting seniors in our community to allow them to remain in their own homes. Our mission is to build a circle of care around the elders in Dayton’s Bluff to empower seniors to live safe and independent in their own homes and to prevent falls and support the persons caring for the seniors.
Hours: One afternoon a month
Commitment: One-time volunteer opportunity
Must pass a background check
Able to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds in a caring, courteous manner
Volunteers under 18 are welcome but must be accompanied by at least one adult
Gain experience working with seniors and people dedicated to helping seniors
Make a difference in the lives of seniors in the community
If you are interested in this position, please contact us:
463 Maria Avenue
Saint Paul, MN 55106
Applications can be filled out online:
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Volunteer Handyperson
- Socialize with a Senior
- Special Event Volunteer - Elder...
- Volunteer Housekeeper
- Yard Work Volunteer for Elders
- Volunteer Exercise Instructor
- Fun and Games with Seniors -...
- Volunteer Attorney
- Help Seniors with Household Chores
- Shopping Volunteer
- Respite Volunteer
- Wellness Clinic Nurse
- Shovel Snow for Seniors in the...
- Senior Social Club Volunteer
- Provide Relief to Primary...
- Volunteer Blogger
- Collect Gloves and Hats for...
- Elders Lodge Wellness Center...
- East Side Elders Board Member
- Nursing Student Volunteer