The Board will support the work of Manzanita Outreach d.b.a. Kids Against Hunger Verde Valley and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by the Kids Against Hunger Verde Valley (KAH) Director, the Board-Director relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected. Specific Board Member responsibilities include:
Leadership, governance, and oversight
- Taking an active role in reviewing and approving the organization’s mission and strategic direction
- Producing a yearly productivity/outcomes report.
- Reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to board meetings
- Approving Manzanita Outreach’s annual budget, financial reports; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Contributing to an annual performance evaluation of the Director, and other KAH Team Members
- Assisting the Director and board chair in identifying and recruiting other Board Members
- Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments, as created by Board Chair
- Representing Manzanita Outreach to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization
- Ensuring Manzanita Outreach’s commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities Manzanita Outreach serves
Manzanita Outreach Board Members shall serve a 3-year term and may only serve a maximum of two consecutive terms. Board members must be off the board for at least one year before being nominated for another term.
Board Members are required to attend at least 6 board meetings a year, which are currently held the third
Monday of each month in the evening. Board meetings last anywhere from 1.5 to 2.5 hours in length.
QualificationsThis is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about Manzanita Outreach’s mission and who has a track record of leadership. Selected Board Members will have achieved leadership stature in business, government, or the nonprofit sector. His/her accomplishments will allow him/her to attract other well-qualified, high-performing Board Members. Candidates must be at least 18 years old
- Financial Planning
- Strategic Planning
- Organization Design
- Business Development
- Community Outreach
- Program Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 3 year term, minimum of 6 meetings a year.