The State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) needs volunteers who are interested in working with seniors and people with disabilities to provide one-on-one help with Medicare questions or problems. SHIP is looking for volunteers to serve as Benefit Counselors to learn the complexities of Medicare to successfully counsel beneficiaries. Volunteers should have the ability to get along well with others, a sensitive and caring attitude, good written and oral communication skills and a willingness to learn about Medicare benefits.
Please note: Insurance agents and brokers are not eligible to volunteer.
SHIP is a federal grant funded program that has counselors in every state who are available to provide one-on-one help with Medicare questions or problems. Benefit counselors are needed to help older adults and individuals with disabilities make informed decisions about their health care and prescription drug plans.
- Receive extensive Medicare training. We offer 18 hours of comprehensive Medicare classroom training plus shadowing with an experienced Benefits Counselor to prepare volunteers to perform this important role.
- Mileage Reimbursement is available
If you want to make a difference and have 8 hours a month to lend a helping hand to others, call Millie Thomas at (702) 486-2439 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Training starting soon, call today!
- Reading Comprehension
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 8 hours a month
- Got Time? Got Heart? Volunteer...
- Looking for Super People to...
- Lend a Hand -- Make an impact...
- Do you like making presentations?
- Got Time to Give Back. Help...
- Protect - Detect - Report......
- Looking for Life Impacting...
- Advocate for older adults!
- Looking for service that impacts...
- Help prevent Medicare Fraud!
- Volunteer as an Outreach...
- Older Adults living in long-term...
- Assist Seniors with Medicare...
- Medicare Benefits Specialist