Become a Puente Mentor!
Palo Alto College is currently seeking 100 mentors who can be a role model in a college student’s life through the Puente Project. Mentors will be provided refreshments at mentor mixers and training events. This is a great way to enhance skills, develop and retain talent in your organization and assist in creating a legacy. The students who will be participating have different college majors and hobbies. Mentors would be paired up to one student that best matches their college major, employment field and hobbies.
Potential Puente Mentors are required to:
- Have at least a Bachelor's degree
- Commit to mentor from 15-18 hours for one academic year.
- Help their mentee with mentor related classroom assignments
- Share educational, career background and professional expertise with mentee.
- Serve as a positive role model and encourage the achievement of higher education
- Participate in mentor related activities (mentor trainings, mentor mixers)
- Take mentee to work place and/or professional functions.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 12 Months