1. No out of pockets expeses
2. You choose the dog or cat you'd like to foster and for how long
Fostering is the main limiting factor to saving more animals in need. Without fosters we are unable to pull dogs from kill shelters, or rehome those left on the streets. Both short term and long term fosters are needed. We are grateful for our long term fosters, who are willing to keep a dog until it is adopted. We value our short term fosters as well. Short term fosters are needed to cover vacations and holidays, to fill the gap between rescue from the shelter and availability of a long term foster, or for respite between adoption events. We appreciate any time our foster families can give.
Love Mutts Rescue pays for all costs associated with fostering such as necessary vetting, provides heartworm & flea/tick prevention, supplies food, collars, etc. Vetting must be pre-approved by the rescue in order to be reimbursed.
To be considered, please fill out our foster application at www.lovemuttsrescue.org.
Aside from providing a temporary home for a dog or cat, foster responsiblities are as follows:
- Monitor your foster pet's health for illnesses
- Evaluate your foster pet's personality and provide recommendations for the ideal furever home environment
- Availability to attend as many adoption events as your schedule allows (within reason)
- Must provide a veterinary reference and two (2) personal references
- Must provide a landlord reference if renting a home
- Fill out foster application at www.lovemuttsrescue.org
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18