WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where31-09 Newtown avenueSuite 411Astoria, NY 11102
Communications & Social Media Manager:
The Center for the Integration & Advancement of New Americans (CIANA) is a social services organization that works to integrate new immigrants from South Asia, the Middle East, North Africa and Latin America into the socio-economic and civic life of American society while maintaining pride in their cultural heritage.
CIANA is searching for a passionate and energetic communications volunteer to help engage our online community. Your role will involve optimizing our content to grow our community across networks like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter as well as connecting with our donors and volunteers through our website and email platform.
- Update content consistently on CIANA’s Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter accounts so followers have the latest news
- Use Wix to update the content of website, including but not limited to: news, staff, volunteer opportunities, programs, events, images, and blog
- Engage with followers on social media platforms to increase visibility online
- Collaborate with outreach and fundraising team to devise strategies/campaigns to solicit donors, volunteers, and clients
- Track outcomes of various communication techniques (email campaigns, Facebook posts, videos, etc), and solidify best practices
- Compile photos and video from events to highlight CIANA’s vibrant community
- Contribute new ideas to improve website’s layout, integration with social media platforms, accessibility, etc.
- Experience with executing successful campaigns on social media platforms Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Willingness to attend events and "live tweet" on behalf of the organization
- Strong writing skills and attention to detail
- Experience with photography, video production, and editing preferred
- A passion for creating content
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Fluency in another language (especially Arabic, Spanish, and Bengali) is a big plus!
- Experience formatting newsletters with MailChimp
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Indicate the title of the position in the subject.
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 3 months or longer
- Spanish-Speaking Outreach...
- Become a Board Member!
- Volunteer ESL Teacher
- Spanish-Speaking Adminstrative...
- Student Mentor
- Arabic Speaking Outreach...
- Elementary Tutor
- Adminstrative Assistant
- Program Coordinator for...
- Civics Instructor
- Events Volunteer
- Website Developer
- Workshop Facilitators
- Community Outreach Volunteer
- Communications Manager
- Video Content Creator
- Fall 2017 Adult Classes Assistant
- Grant Writers
- Adult Classes Assistant