This is an internship opportunity for a highly creative individual. Heidi Duckler Dance Theatre/Northwest (HDDT/NW) is looking for someone to expand on existing branding while developing new strategies to communicate with audiences, artists, partners, donors, and sponsors. This position works directly with the Managing Director, as well as the Executive Director and Los Angeles-based communications staff when necessary.
HDDT/NW is seeking someone who has strong creative and interpersonal skills, an eye for detail, the ability to manage data, a desire for a career in arts administration, and a passion for the performing arts. This is an opportunity to learn both development and execution of pro-active marketing strategies from a growing performance/theatre organization. Projects will be designed in conjunction with the intern and the Managing Director. The intern will work in traditional mediums such as public relations, media relations, promotions, as well as contemporary communication tools like social media, website development/maintenance, and alternative promotional tactics. Marketing projects will include promotion for productions, promotion for annual fundraisers and events, development of sponsorship correspondence tools, as well as evaluations of marketing efforts. Intern will be given micro-tasks in which to develop and evaluate overall marketing strategy efforts. This is an opportunity to build working skills in today’s non-profit industry.
Position reports to: Managing Director
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and maintain on and off-line image via email communications, social media, event calendar listings, and website management
- Design and distribute marketing materials for productions, special events, and company visibility
- Assist with media documentation including photography, videography, and the company's archives
- Assist with the company's public relations including press release writing and distribution
- Research and develop income-generating opportunities for the company’s events including group sales, auction items, and advertisements
- Track ticket sales, attendee information, and event/performance data for use in evaluation
Candidates must be fluent in Microsoft Suite and Adobe Suite products. Candidate must be internet savvy. Bonus if experienced in website design, but not necessary. Candidates must be prepared to take on a project and work through its completion.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, as well as the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously
- Graphic design skills. Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite and familiarity with print production preferred.
- Knowledge of digital media management and web design.
- Knowledge of social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Undergraduate college degree required.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience. Background in the arts preferred.
- Have own transportation and valid driver license
This is a volunteer position. The Volunteer Marketing Assistant is a part-time position of 10-15 hours per week. Regular hours to be fulfilled between 8:00am-Noon, Monday- Friday. Some nights and weekend hours required during performances.
Please submit current resume, cover letter, and three (3) visual examples of prior marketing materials (fliers, graphic design examples, website link to portfolio, and/or photos of installations accepted) to Managing Director, Raziah Roushan at email@example.com.
Resume may include academic course work as experience; please list coarse name, level, and general overview. Visual examples may include academic work.
Company Description:Founded in 2010, Heidi Duckler Dance Theatre/Northwest (HDDT/NW) redefines relationships between artists and audiences by presenting bold choreography in extraordinary places, and through collaborations with artists and communities of the Pacific Northwest, cultivates public engagement to create meaningful, multidisciplinary performances with exceptional artistic standards.
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Community Outreach
- Graphic Design / Print
- Market Research / Analysis
- Arts Administration
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- 8-10 hours per week
- Experience in Adobe suite required