WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where31-09 Newtown AvenueSuite 411Astoria, NY 11102
Established in 2006, Center for the Integration & Advancement of New Americans (CIANA) is a social service organization that works to integrate new immigrants from South Asia, the Middle-East, and North Africa into American society.
We have open opportunities for experienced grant writers to join us with preparing proposals and grants. This is not a teaching opportunity, so only those who are prepared to jump right in need apply! Each grant writer would be responsible for applying to at least 2 grants per month. Credit is available for those in college.
The grants we apply to are a mixture of municipal, corporate, and foundational of varying lengths for the purpose of supporting educational, legal, and civics-related programs or operational costs.
The applicant requirements:
- have 1-2 years of experience writing grants
- commit to a minimum once a week, part of which can be done remotely for the right candidate
- be available for a minimum of 3 months
- Grant Writing / Research
- Donor Management
- Community Outreach
- Technical Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 8 to 12 hours per week (or more)
- 3 month commitment
- Spanish-Speaking Outreach...
- Become a Board Member!
- Volunteer ESL Teacher
- Spanish-Speaking Adminstrative...
- Volunteer Civics Instructor
- Arabic Speaking Outreach...
- Volunteers Management Coordinator
- Elementary Tutor
- Arabic-Speaking Adminstrative...
- Program Coordinator for...
- Communications Manager
- Civics Instructor
- Fall 2017 Adult Classes Assistant
- Grant Writers
- Adult Classes Assistant