Grocery Shopping with Elder
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where1376 Hoyt Ave W.St. Paul, MN 55108
Everyone should have access to food, especially fresh and quality food. We have a great need for volunteers willing to take their very own elder to the grocery store or sometimes shop for them. It is as simple as dedicating 2 hours every 2 weeks to your senior partner to pick them up to get out of the house and drive them to their grocery store so they can pick out their groceries. Some weeks are better than others for the elder, so they may give you their grocery list occasionally to do the shopping for them, especially when its freezing cold or they are too tired. On those weeks you'd be responsible for delivering the food to their homes which will make their days and help fuel them appropriately. You will be reimbursed by your elder upon the delivery of the groceries. Please contact us if you are willing to help someone get their food.
- People Skills
- Elder care
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Community Outreach
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour a week give or take depending on needs
- Willingness to help someone with acquiring foods that they specifically request
- Volunteer Driver
- Friendly Encouraging Visitor for...
- Volunteer Grocery Store Driver
- Creator of Digital Newsletter...
- Bread Pick Up and Drop off from...
- Organizing and Friendship
- Gardening Outdoors for a Senior
- Skilled Office Support, Writing...
- Grocery Shopping with Elder
- Visiting a Senior
- CPR and First Aid Trainer...
- Help a Senior learn to navigate...
- Hair Care or Aromatherapy for...
- Senior Friend and Caregiver...