Patient Care Hospice Volunteers
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
273 people are interested
VITAS is looking for more volunteers! If you have some time and want to provide a compassionate presence for a patient and family in hospice care, then we have an opportunity for you!
What does a VITAS volunteer do?
- Provide respite (sit with a patient while the caregiver takes a break)
- Provide companionship and socialization to patients and their families at home or in a nursing home
- Provide transportation for a patient or family member to appointments
- Accompany a patient to a church or social event or grocery store
- Run errands for the patient and family (to the grocery store, drug store, post office)
- Make phone calls to home care patients and families; make telephone calls to the bereaved
- Assist with programs and special events
We'll work with your schedule.
1604 Spring Hill Rd.Suite 450Vienna, VA 22182
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-4 hours/month
- 2 step TB Testing