Patient Care Hospice Volunteers
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
309 people are interested
VITAS is looking for more volunteers! If you have some time and want to provide a compassionate presence for a patient and family in hospice care, then we have an opportunity for you!
What does a VITAS volunteer do?
- Provide respite (sit with a patient while the caregiver takes a break)
- Provide companionship and socialization to patients and their families at home or in a nursing home
- Provide transportation for a patient or family member to appointments
- Accompany a patient to a church or social event or grocery store
- Run errands for the patient and family (to the grocery store, drug store, post office)
- Make phone calls to home care patients and families; make telephone calls to the bereaved
- Assist with programs and special events
About VITAS Healthcare of Northern Virginia
1604 Spring Hill Rd.,, Suite 450, Vienna, VA 22182, US
VITAS Innovative Hospice Care is defined by the needs of the patients and families we serve.Today, as a leader in the hospice movement in the United States, we are continuing to evolve and meet the changing needs of those with a life-limiting illness and their families. As we adapt to the ever-changing healthcare environment, however, we are guided as always by our VITAS Values.
- Patients and families come first.
- We take care of each other.
- I’ll do my best today and do even better tomorrow.
- I am proud to make a difference.
Volunteers are the heart of VITAS Innovative Hospice Care, providing friendly, non-medical patient and family care.
Volunteers are an integral part of the hospice program allowing VITAS to continue personalizing, enhancing, and expanding services offered to patients and families. Through exemplifying VITAS values, volunteers serve as patient and family advocates and are pro-active in helping to meet the needs of patients and families.
We'll work with your schedule.
1604 Spring Hill Rd.Suite 450Vienna, VA 22182
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-4 hours/month
- 2 step TB Testing