NAIA's Pet Rescue's ability to save dogs is directly dependent on the number of volunteers we have!
Each dog needs:
- a foster to stay with until he or she is adopted
- his or her own handler for each adoption event
- an Adoption Coordinator to advocate for them and make sure they find the right home
- someone to conduct a home visit so their adopter can be approved
And, of course, all the dogs benefit from all the other functions that volunteers perform! (see list Below)
- Dog Handlers: We often need reliable dog handlers that can show off our dogs at adoption and other events. Dog handlers should have completed the Dog Handler Training and should be able to make a commitment for the duration of the event. (Time Commitment: As Needed)
- Transporter: If you have a car, a great way to help us is to drive pets to vet appointments, meet and greets and new homes and events.
- Applications Counselor: Our Applications Processors process both foster and adoption applications by calling and/or e-mailing references, arranging for home visits and ensuring that foster and adoption applications are a good fit. We ask counselors to commit to processing one application a week. The entire position can be done remotely from your computer/phone.
- Grant Supervisor: Do you have grant writing experience? We are looking for a volunteer with grant writing experience to help us with two functions: identifying potential grants and writing/submitting grant applications.
- Event Coordinator: Do you love planning events? We are looking for someone to strictly work on coordinating fundraisers and adoption events.
- Volunteer Coordinator: A Volunteer coordinator is responsible for overseeing administration of the volunteer program, managing a volunteer database, identifying and communicating with volunteers to fill the rescue and other volunteer needs. Serving as the primary contact for existing and potential volunteers. A Volunteer Coordinator motivates, evaluates, and recognizes volunteers and fosters positive experiences for volunteers. Five to ten hours weekly are usually required to fulfill these duties but responsibilities during events or rescues can be more intensive
- Event Planning / Management
- Database Administration
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 16
- varies depending on event and volunteer position