Join our volunteer team at the Kaiser Permanente Interstate Medical Office campus and connect directly with your community, while gaining experience and familiarity with an outpatient medical setting.
Did you know? Our large medical campus in North Portland is not a hospital, but instead, a group of outpatient medical clinics that provide a wide range of primary and specialty care services to our patients every day of the week.
- Improve care experiences of patients and visitors as they arrive and navigate the clinic.
- Interact directly with a diverse population of patients.
- Create connections with staff and assist with daily clinic needs.
- Become familiar with the daily process and practice of an outpatient medical setting.
Volunteer opportunities are available seven days a week during a variety of times. We are seeking people who want to help others have better experiences in healthcare, give back to their community, or simply want to make a consistent weekly volunteer commitment in a community setting. Successful volunteers are motivated, social, good at working independently, and anticipating the needs of staff and patients.
To receive more information about this role, click to "I Want to Help" button and we will send you more information. Thank you for your interest!
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Community Outreach
- Cross-cultural Communication
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours per week for a minimum of 6 months
- Tuberculosis test